60 Seconds With…. Ciorstan Mochrie
We had 60 seconds to ask Ciorstan Mochrie, Account Manager, some quick-fire questions. Here’s what she had to say:
- Where are you from? I live in a town just outside of Glasgow, so its a short commute to Traveltek’s head office. I have also been fortunate in my life and career that I have managed to visit so many interesting places around the world but still keep my roots here in Scotland.
- Where is your favourite holiday destination? Oh it is so hard to pick! I love South America and have been really lucky to spend two summers holidaying in Rio de Janeiro, I love Ilha Grande! I also really love Turkey and Greece, the food there is my favourite!
- How long have you been at Traveltek? I have been at Traveltek for just over 4 years. I started out as a Project Manager with responsibility for delivering client projects to our global client base. This included clients in USA, Chile, the Netherlands and of course in the UK. I was then promoted to Senior Project Manager with management responsibility for a team of three within the EMEA region. As part of my ongoing career journey at Traveltek, as of Jan 6th, I will be joining the Account Management Team.
- What is the best thing about working in travel/technology? The technology sector is rapidly growing and I love being part of that exciting journey. There have been so many advancements in technology which have started to impact the travel industry such as recognition technology which we have seen Marriott launch in two of their Hotels in China. It’s a great time to be part of something that can really help grow the travel industry.
- What one thing about the industry would you change? Helping people understand that change is good and the application of great technical solutions can really help revolutionise your business. Within the travel industry businesses are privileged to have access to so much customer data. Utilised in the correct way, it allows for true personalisation of services and offerings. This is massive for consumers helping them to see deals and destinations most suitable for them and in turn should result in increased sales.
- What skills do you think you bring from Project Management to Account Management? Working with the delivery team I have a good understanding of our product range, how our technology works and how this can help our clients. I’m looking forward to working with clients more closely, understanding their business challenges and then helping them get the most out of our solutions.