60 Seconds With…. Graeme Ogston
We had 60 seconds to ask Graeme Ogston, Director of Product, some quick-fire questions. Here’s what he had to say:
- How long have you been at Traveltek? I’ve been with Traveltek since before it was known as Traveltek! My start date was March 4th, 2002. It’ll be my 18thanniversary with the company next month.
- Where are you from? I was raised not far from our East Kilbride HQ in a town called Larkhall, also in South Lanarkshire, Scotland.
- Where is your favourite holiday destination? Hands down, it has got to be Cape Town, South Africa.
- What is your favourite movie or band? Silence of the Lambs is my all-time favourite movie.
- What is the best thing about working in travel/technology? For me, it’s the creative aspects of system design, and working with a great group of people.
- What new product are you most excited to be launching at Traveltek in 2020 and why? Oh, that is a good question! At the moment it is a secret as it is still in R&D, but trust me it is really cool, and it will change how our customers use iSell. The other new product feature will be iSell’s new search tools as they are going to be the key driver for the business, not just towards the end of this year but going forward.
- What do you think will be the next big thing in travel technology? Augmented reality in booking tools! Being able to see an interactive perspective of where you are going on your holiday via your mobile, before booking, will be a game-changer for the way travel businesses sell holidays.